Help! My Child is Becoming a TEENAGER!
Adolescence can be difficult to navigate, especially in the age of social media and increasing mental health issues. Studies have shown a sharp increase in negative coping skills in youth, particularly drug use, self-harm and suicide. What preventive measures can be taken to protect our youth? What can you do and what do you need to know as a parent of a pre-teen child?
The following themes will be covered in the three-hour workshop:
1. Youth developmental stage - what are their minds capable of at this stage?
2. Risky youth behaviours - what are they and why it happens
3. Mental, social and emotional experiences in youths
4. Prevention and coping - easing my child into adolescence
5. Coping skills and resources - who do I call for help?
About the Facilitator
About Acting Up
Acting Up provides therapeutic programmes for schools and social institutions. We address maladaptive coping behaviours that impede a youth's ability to live functionally; such as drug abuse, self-harm and delinquency. The programmes involve multi-modal therapeutic engagement through workshops, emotional therapy and mentorship sessions. Upon completion of the programme, selected youths are then trained as workshop facilitators and offered employment opportunities. Visit: http://www.actingupsg.com/ to learn more!
Want to find more groups and events like this?